Monday, April 28, 2008

Limewire not working. Help!

Limewire was not working for the first time when I have installed it on my system and after troubleshooting for sometime and searching over net, browsing through various sites I found the problem. I thought to put it here and it may be helpful for others. In my case it was the problem of a file named gnutella.net. Following steps worked for me:

  1. Download Limewire from its official site.
  2. Install Limewire.
  3. Exit Limewire if its running.
  4. Download gnutella.net
  5. Add this file to C:\Users\name you use to login\AppData\Roaming\Limewire (Replace, if there is an older version of file in the folder already present)
  6. Start Limewire again
This has worked for me. Good Luck, let me know if it works for you too or even if it dosen't, it will help people decide what method to use for making it work.

2 comments:

critic said...

amazing work dude! liked the concept, nt ur pic though.
consider me in

happy blogging!

critic said...

arey nahi re, ur pic is toh achi wali, liked it!
thought purani wali hai